Sunday, September 9, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie

3 Chicken Breasts 2 bay leaves
½ t pepper 4 Cups water
½ t marjoram leaves 2 t salt

Boil ingredients until chicken is done. Cut chicken into cubes. Save broth.

2 large carrots, sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
½ cup onion, chopped
2 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
½ cup frozen peas
I have never measured the veggies – I just add however much I want. I like it hearty.
2 Cups broth – use 1 cup from above and 1 cup of chicken broth

Boil veggies in 2 cups broth until tender. Mix 1/3 cup flour + 2 TBSP with 1 ¾ C Half and Half until smooth. Pour slowly into above chicken broth and veggies. Heat until thick. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and mushrooms (if desired). Pour into 9x13 dish and top with a pie crust or:

1 C Bisquick
½ C milk
1 Egg

Mix and drop by spoonfuls on top of mixture. Bake @ 425* for 20 minutes. *Pie crust @ 350* for 1 hour.

I have to make a little more Bisquick mix – I like to cover the whole thing.

No comments: